Working Temporarily in Canada
Every year a large number of foreign workers enter Canada working temporarily to help Canadian employers address skill shortages in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) ensure that these workers will support economic growth in Canada and create more opportunities for all Canadian job seekers.
- In almost all cases you must have a valid work permit to work in Canada.
- Note: You cannot immigrate with a work permit. If you want to come and live in Canada as a permanent resident based on your work skills or experience, see if you qualify for the Skilled Worker Program.
The Worker’s role: Temporary workers must also meet the requirements that apply to all temporary residents in order to come to Canada. Find out what you must do before working in Canada.
We can assist you in the following manner:
- Verify if work permit can be obtained.
- If not, then we can advise you on other methods of coming to Canada.
- We can prepare your documents and file work permit application with our submission to the visa officer outlining strengths and why a work permit should be issued.
- We follow up with the Canadian embassy to prevent any delay in the case.
- We can prepare the candidate for interview with the Canadian visa officers.